BY USING SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING PRIVACY STATEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT, DISCONTINUE ALL USE OF THIS SITE IMMEDIATELY.
1. Definitions a) Personal information is information about you that uniquely identifies you as an individual. Your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number are all examples of personal information. However, the name, address and telephone number of an individual that appears in a telephone directory that is available to the public (where such individual can refuse to have such information appears in such directory) does not fall under the scope of “personal information” as it is publicly available information.
b) A “user” is someone who accesses, browses, crawls or in anyway uses the Site. The terms “you” and “your” refer to you, as a user of the Site;
c) “Content” means text, images, photos, audio, video, and all other forms of data or communication. “Your Content” means Content that you submit or transmit to or through the Site, such as ratings, reviews, compliments, invitations, and information that you display as part of your account profile. “User Content” means Content that users submit or transmit to or through the Site. “IHM Content” means Content that we create and make available on the Site. "Third Party Content" means Content that is made available on the Site by parties other than IHM or its users. "Site Content" means all of the Content that is made available on the Site, including Your Content, User Content, Third Party Content, and IHM Content.
2. Information we collect about you 2.1 When you create an InHaiti.com account, we ask for and store information about you, such as your name, nickname, email address, and signup location. We use your nickname to create your account name, and we use your signup location to help target the Site to the town you live in. We use your email address to send you updates, provide services to you in connection with the Site. We may store Your Content, display it to other users, and use it for promotional purposes. Note that if you include personally identifiable information in Your Content, it can be used and viewed by others. We are not responsible for the information you choose to include in Your Content.
2.2 We automatically store information related to your use of the Site, such as the pages you view on the Site, your browser type, IP address, requested URL, browser language, referring URL, and the date and time of your visit. We use this type of information to administer the Site and provide the highest possible level of service to you. We also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site.
2.4 We may use software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted IHM Websites. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting IHM Websites.
3. Use of Information 3.1 We collect information from users primarily to facilitate their participation in the Site. Specifically, usernames and passwords allow registrants to access the Site; and names and email addresses are helpful for communicating with users. The other information helps us tailor the content of our Site to user preferences and communicate information about other products or services that might be of interest.
3.2 We may use your personally identifiable information in other ways in connection with our business; for example, we may use the information to alert you to improvements to the Site and solicit your opinion about such improvements. We use non-personally identifiable information in an aggregate, anonymous manner primarily to (i) improve the design, functionality, and content of our Properties; and (ii) provide products and services that might interest our users.
3.4 If you post content for public view on the Site, we may distribute Your Content to a wider audience by sharing it (or portions of it) with third parties so that they can publish it on their own websites and media platforms. We may ask them to credit you as the source of these contributions by including your account name and profile photo.
3.5 We may use personal information for routine administrative purposes, such as investigating abuses on the Site, responding to user inquiries and enforcing and applying our Terms and Conditions.
4. Safeguards and Retention 4.1 We use physical, organizational and technological safeguards to protect your personal information against theft, loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure or disposal. However, given that electronically submitted data is not 100% secure, we make no warranties as to the security of any personal information you submit online, which you do at your own risk.
7. Access and Contact 7.1 You have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your InHaiti.com account. Upon written request, IHM will provide you access to your personal information, subject to certain exceptions as provided by the applicable legislation. If you notice any errors or omissions in your personal information, please advise us in writing and we will promptly correct them where appropriate. If you have concerns regarding our Statement, the security of your personal information or our compliance with the applicable personal information protection legislation, please send a brief explanation of your concern to our Privacy Officer at: